Hi All, I have recently launched a Shopify App in a competitive space and working on different ideas to get more installs.
I am going to share my learnings here hoping that it could help others.
These points are based on the data I collected on GA:
- Organic traffic is much higher than the traffic acquired through various marketing activities.
- The organic traffic to the app listing comes through 2 types of search: keyword search or category search
- Keyword Search: keep track of the most relevant, volume, and long-tail keywords. Showing up for the relevant keywords can significantly increase your no. of installs. So keep updating your app listing and notice the change in ranking.
- Category Search: It could be very effective if your app is not need-based and can grab the attention of the merchants browsing through categories. Make sure your app shows up in the most relevant category.
- If you are getting a lot of uninstalls, test if there are any issues by imitating the whole process as a user. Send the merchants a polite email asking what went wrong. If you don’t get any response, send another mail saying that you have fixed some issues and have made some changes. Ask them to give you a second chance, offer some incentives.
- Keep checking up on your customers by sending weekly or biweekly emails asking them if they need any help with their store or if they want you to add any feature to the app.
- Quick response to merchants’ queries is one of the best ways to prompt them to write reviews.
- Demo Store could be a game-changer. Put up some photos of how your app looks at different stores, share testimonials, share the results, tell them about your future apps/ideas, tell them your journey.
- Assure the customers of the support you are gonna provide. Share your personal contact details, set up a support chat button in the admin panel, put a contact us form in the demo store.
- Last but not least, keep experimenting.
The marketing activities I am doing currently are email marketing, posts/answers in communities, content writing etc. (No paid promotions)
I have attached a pic of my GA data from this week.
Please let me know if these points add any value to you or if you don’t agree with any of it.
Feel free to contribute to the points.